Note: This article may contain commentary reflecting the author's opinion.

New footage from police bodycam video has been released by the Orange County District Attorney showing California officers engaged in a shootout in August of 2021, right outside of their station.

The shootout took place on Aug. 6th, 2021, and involved two officers of the La Habra Police Department according to The Daily Caller. The suspect Matthew-Tuan Anh Tran was following an unidentified woman who contacted the LHPD reporting that a car was following her closely on Interstate 5 as she commuted home from work.

In a statement from the Orange County District Attorney, prosecutors describe that “Doe made several lane changes so that Tran could pass her. However, each time Doe did this, Tran continued tailgating her.” Eventually, the woman dialed 9-1-1 and dispatchers recommended she drive to the police station and park in front.

The statement explains that Tran arrived minutes later and bypassed the woman’s car, walking to the police station door and attempting entry twice. Police employees attempted to contact him with the intercom however, he did not respond.

At approximately 4:08 p.m. LHPD Officers Abigail Fox and Mark Milward arrived on the scene. Milward confronted the assailant and according to the statement and confirmed by video Milward asked Tran what was going on, and he replied that he was there to see someone.

Do you think Trump should be arrested?*
This poll gives you free access to our premium politics newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Tran told Milward that he was involved with tailgating the unnamed woman according to The Daily Caller.

Officer Milward then told Tran he would be with him in a moment and turned his back on the man. At 7:10 p.m. Tran produced a handgun from his waistband and opened fire on Milward “striking him in the right upper chest causing him to fall to the ground.”

As Tran approached with his weapon leveled at Milward, Fox can be heard yelling “Hey! Hey! Hey!”

Within a second, Officer Fox returned fire with five rounds striking Tran, one of which hit his head. A little over a minute later more officers arrived and tended to Milward, disarming Tran whose gun was still in his hand. Approximately nine minutes after the fatal shot was fired, paramedics arrived and pronounced Tran dead at the scene after finding no pulse or respiration.

The press release notes, “The gunshot wound to Trans’s head had expelled brain matter.” Officer Milward recovered from his injuries, the shot had penetrated his vest near his left shoulder according to the press release.