Note: This article may contain commentary reflecting the author's opinion.

Former President Trump’s son Eric shared new details about the investigation into his father with Fox New Channel’s Brian Kilmeade on Monday, related to the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) raid on Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate.

Eric Trump told the host about how 30 FBI agents descended upon the home in an effort to find documents that the National Archives requested from Trump, which he supposedly took with him following his departure from the White House.

In a statement, President Trump had emphasized that his personal safe was opened. Eric shed light on that detail, saying the FBI found nothing within the safe, however, it is unknown whether they were able to retrieve the documents which originally prompted their entry into Mar-a-Lago, according to The Daily Wire.

The former president delayed returning 15 boxes of materials including mementos, gifts, letters, and documents that had been requested by the National Archives. In response to his delay, bureaucrats reportedly contacted the Department of Justice (DOJ) to look into Trump’s handling of White House materials, The New York Times reported.

In response to this, federal prosecutors began a grand jury investigation and issued a subpoena to the National Archives earlier this year, making multiple interview requests of former White House officials that served in the Trump administration.

This isn’t the first time federal agents have visited Mar-a-Lago. In the spring a group of agents visited the Palm Beach estate in search of classified documents and at least one of the agents was involved in counterintelligence, per The Times. 

JUDGE WHO SIGNED WARRANT FOR FBI RAID AGAINST TRUMP HAS SHADY PAST CONNECTION TO DEAD PEDOPHILE JEFFREY EPSTEIN

 

Should Elon suspend Biden's Twitter account?*
This poll gives you free access to our premium politics newsletter. Unsubscribe at any time.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Further complicating matters is Trump’s ability to declassify material when he was president, which is a power he used multiple times while in office.

Trump would reportedly take photos out of the President’s Daily Brief, but it is unclear whether or not the former president took those photos with him after leaving the White House. 

“After working and cooperating with the relevant Government agencies, this unannounced raid on my home was not necessary or appropriate,” Trump said in a statement following the raid. “It is prosecutorial misconduct, the weaponization of the Justice System, and an attack by Radical Left Democrats who desperately don’t want me to run for President in 2024, especially based on recent polls, and who will likewise do anything to stop Republicans and Conservatives in the upcoming Midterm Elections.” 

The FBI’s raid on Trump’s home is unprecedented and the fact that it happened over something as small as documents requested by the National Archives — some of which could be declassified during the end of the Trump administration — calls into question the legitimacy of this supposed evidence which backed the warrant.


Without proper transparency from the DOJ and FBI, however, it’s difficult to determine the extent of the raid’s legitimacy. Was it above board? Or were these actions simply part of a politically driven crusade by the Democrat-run executive agencies, currently in charge of America’s government? 

The public is demanding answers, and if Democrats are smart, they’ll try to come up with some convincing ones before the midterm elections in November. Less than three months to go and the clock is ticking — faster than it’s ever has before.

You Can Follow Sterling on Twitter Here