WATCH: Newly Released January 6 Footage Undermines Democrats' Narrative With Shocking Confession From Nancy Pelosi

Newly released footage from January 6 reveals that then-Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) admitted that she takes responsibility for not ensuring that the Capitol Police and National Guard were prepared for a large scale security breach at the Capitol.

The footage, taken by Pelosi's daughter, documentarian Alexandra Pelosi, and released by the Oversight Subcommittee, undermines the Democrat narrative that President Donald Trump was the sole individual responsible for the lack of security personnel at the Capitol.

"We have responsibility, Terry," Pelosi told her chief of staff, Terri McCullough, while en route to Fort McNair, where congressional leaders were evacuated during the Capitol Riot. "We did not have any accountability for what was going on there when we should have. This is ridiculous. You're going to ask me — in the middle of the thing when they've already breached the inaugural stuff — 'Should we call … the National Guard? Why weren't the National Guard there to begin with?"

"They don't know. They clearly didn't know, and I take responsibility for not having them just prepare for more," the Democrat congresswoman admitted. The footage released to the committee shows congressional leaders, including Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), and Pelosi, at Fort McNair attempting to coordinate a military response to the violence, as reported by POLITICO. As the situation unfolded on that day, Capitol Police attempted to get the National Guard to respond to the Capitol. However, it took more than three hours for them to respond.

While Democrats and the January 6 Select Committee have attempted to malign Trump for refusing to offer the National Guard to secure the Capitol, testimony not included in the J6 Committee's report from former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Anthony Ornato refutes that narrative. As previously reported by the DC Enquirer, Trump offered to have 10,000 National Guardsmen stationed for security around the Capitol ahead of the certification of the 2020 election.

"I remember he had — he was on the phone with her, and we — I had walked in for something, and I was there, and he was on the phone with her and wanted to make sure she had everything that she needed," Ornata said. "Because I think it was the concern of anti and pro-groups clashing is what I recall. And not anywhere near the Capitol, this was just out on the mall area or at the event; and wanted to know if she need[ed] any more guardsmen."

"And I remember the number 10,000 coming up of, you know, the president wants to make sure that you have enough," he continued. "You know, he is willing to ask for 10,000. I remember that number. Now that you said it, it reminded me of it. And that she was all set. She had, I think it was like 350 or so for intersection control and those types of thing not in the law enforcement capacity at the time. And then that's the only thing I recall with that number 10,000 National Guard guardsmen."

The newly released footage shows that the story of January 6 is far more complicated and nuanced than Democrats would have the public believe. President Biden and those running his presidential campaign have done their best to shift all blame on the events of that day to President Trump when, in reality, the security breakdown at the Capitol was far more complex.

WATCH:

You can follow Sterling on X/Twitter here

READ THIS NEXT
CNN’s John King Warns About ‘All The Cracks’ In Biden’s Coalition
WATCH: Biden Wanders Off During G7 Summit, Italian Leader Forced To Help Him Back To Group
WATCH: Trump Says 'There's Tremendous Unity' In The Republican Party Ahead Of November
Sign in to comment

Comments

Powered by StructureCMS™ Comments

Get Updated

© 2024 DC Enquirer, Privacy Policy